System service engineer for satellite communications systems that include Hardware, Software, RF and Mechanical components.
- Remote troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to write specifications and production test (ATP’s and SPEC’s).
- On Site customer support on vessels and oil rigs platforms
- Troubleshoot and Diagnose VSAT and TVRO systems symptoms and information with computer software and test equipment
- Interpret troubleshooting results and determine best course of action to restore VSAT / TVRO operability
- Install new systems and equipment and upgrade components or systems on customer site or vessels.
- Modify system software settings and parameters. Provide feedback reports.
- Test and adjust equipment as necessary.
- Receive and respond to service calls per company policy using the company CRM and emailing systems
- Perform routine health check and maintenance on Orbit systems.
- Conducting training to dealers and customers.
- Maintain tools, test equipment and travel documents in order and ready to travel
- Electrical/mechanical practical/engineer.
- Hands-On technical background – must
- High level of English – must
- RF experience – large advantage
- Experience with test equipment such as Scope and Spectrum – advantage
- At least 2 years proven experience installing and supporting communication systems
- Ability for travel with short notice
- English is must – read, write and fluent speaker
- Networking experience
- High Interpersonal communications skills
- Technical training experience – An advantage