Director of Sales – Israel
Description & Key Responsibilities
This position is part of the Sales & Marketing organization and is focused on leading the Sales and Business Development efforts for the defense market in Israel across Orbit’s business lines.
As Director of Sales for Israel, you will have mastered the art of conducting business and sales processes, from the pursuit of new business to the management of existing customer relationships. As the primary point of contact for your accounts, you will have demonstrated business creativity with the ability to identify, qualify and capture opportunities. You will also be expected to be involved in (and sometimes lead) the proposal preparation process.
This is a key position that will have a large impact on the growth the company.
Reporting to: CEO
- Day-to-day management of existing accounts, pursuing & obtaining orders for systems, spare parts and technical services. Maintaining account records and data.
- Establishing new accounts and cultivating new business relationships with potential customers and end users, and be in constant pursue for business growth.
- Understand the ecosystem of business conduct in Israel, in the relevant market segments, and with existing and potential partners. Define the penetration strategy for each account, including value proposition.
- Composing and submitting proposals for systems, solutions, spare parts and technical services, all in compliance with company guidelines, after in-depth analysis of each opportunity.
- Improving customer experience for the accounts under his/her responsibility. Close work with the Project team to resolve any issues that affect customer satisfaction.
- Report to management on project/account status by submitting activity and results reports, weekly work plans, monthly and annual territory analyses, as well as order intake forecasts.
- Analyses of competition and market opportunities by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising/marketing techniques etc.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in either:
(1) Sales and BD of multidisciplinary systems in the Israeli defense market:
Defense organizations (IAI, Elbit, Rafael etc.) and the IDF / MOD, or
(2) Project / Program Management of multidisciplinary systems at one of the technological units of the IDF ( אמל”ח , מפא”ת ), working closely with the Israeli defense organizations (IAI, Elbit, Rafael, etc.)
- Experience in leading complex sales processes, including large and multiple proposal efforts.
- Excellent time management, commercial/technical writing, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker and ability to formulate discriminators
- Results-oriented team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to utilize and manage the organization’s resources to achieve goals.
- Fluent in Hebrew and English – speaking, writing and reading
- Former officer in one of the technological units of the IDF ( אמל”ח , מפא”ת ) – an advantage
- Engineering/Scientific degree (Electrical / Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering or Physics)