Board Design Engineer and FPGA – Israel
The Board Design Engineer will be responsible for designing some of the most challenging products for the avionics industry. The candidate should have experience and a solid track record in high performance board designs.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly motivated engineer who has excellent technical and communications skills. He will be part of a small and professional Hardware design team.
End to end boards design. Starting from the components selection and evaluation, schematic design, thermal considerations, mechanical constraints, layout design, production supervision, bring-up on lab, including all the relevant document writing and conducting the needed design reviews until the product is finished. Leading products from the definition until their release and also supporting production when needed.
- Electronics Engineer. 5+ years of board design. Proven experience in complex works with multilayer boards.
- VHDL vast experience required (FPGA, CPLD). MUST
- Knowledge and experience with digital circuits and interfaces, Memories interfaces (DDR2, DDR3, Flash), Microprocessors
- High knowledge of Layout design considerations, power planes, critical circuits, noise filtering, and crosstalk avoidance techniques.
- Experience in circuit trouble shooting and bring-up working together with SW teams.
- Modeling and simulation experience.
- Understanding of EMI / EMC concepts.
- Ability of understanding product requirements and industry standards demands.
- Ability to write specification documents, technical reports, design verification documents
- Good knowledge of Schematic design tools (Orcad preferred, not exclusive), very good handling of Office environment; Wide knowledge of lab equipment.
- Experience with Avionics Industry – Advantage
- Experience in DSP design – Advantage
- Audio Analog Design Experience – Advantage
Experience and skills:
- Excellent team work skills.
- Capabilities of working under pressure with high sense of responsibility and strong commitment to due dates.
- Highly organized. Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Interface with various levels of technicians, engineers, suppliers, vendors, manufacturing.
- Working and supervising external services sub-contractors (Mechanical, Thermal, Layout designers)