The Production & Material Planner is accountable for availability of starting materials for production processes and for ensuring the delivery of customer demand. The Production & Material Planner is responsible for daily supply chain management activities including: forecast integration, demand management, supply planning, inventory management, event planning, and production scheduling. The role is also responsible for the planning and procurement of raw materials, bulk materials, and packaging components.
- Raise Purchase orders from MRP system, ensuring timely placement and delivery of components in line with production planning requirements.
- Expedite and reschedule open purchase orders to suit production-planning requirements.
- Review historical data, including sales trends, research, demand drivers, material on time delivery.
- Commodity spends within dedicated production. Coordinate research data to identify significant variances.
- Communicate, share, and report on variances to both internal and external supply chains.
- Interact with production floor and sales to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Use and maintain MRP data as the primary planning system tool.
- Provide input in developing departmental strategies for inventory of existing items, new product introduction and phase-outs.
- Reporting gathered information within production meeting environment.
- Create statistical reports:
- sc Industrial Eng. – A must
- Min of 5 years in a material planning role within a manufacturing facility – a Must
- ERP – Experience with “priority” – A must.
- Vast Experience with Excel
- Strong knowledge of production & supply chain principles
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve desired business results.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work in and direct cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills